So, I pointed out I would post every week. I have been slacking for strange reasons. Therefore, I figure I should post some of the things I did. The first one? A chocolate cake I made with a good friend.
You know that moment when you choose a recipe you want? You obviously get the ingredients! That is simple and easy. Since I picked what we would do, I assigned the friend’s duty was icing. We both tested things over and over together, and we adjusted the initial recipe for ourselves. I figure I should point out my friend pointed out we needed more cocoa, and similarly we could add some coffee to add to the flavors we were creating for ourselves.
- 200g Castor Sugar
- 200g Softened Salted Butter
- 4 Large Eggs
- 200g Self Raising Flour
- 2tbsp Cocoa Powder (and a bit more, we added roughly 1 or 2)
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2tbsp Milk
- 2tbsp Coffee (we used Jacobs, roughly more or less 2tbps for the flavor for yourself)
- Heat the oven to 190°C
- Butter the sides and base of two 20cm round cake tins
- Beat together the Castor Sugar, Softened Salted Butter, Eggs, Self Raising Flour, Cocoa Powder, Baking Powder, Vanilla Extract, Milk, Coffee, and a little more milk to make sure the mix is quite pale.
- Note on above, that would be where you add a little more of each of the Cocoa Powder and Coffee for your perfect taste.
- Divide half into each tin.
- Bake for 20mins, don’t take it out immediately, just start checking if it is fully cooked. Ours was so close to being complete it only took a few more minutes.
- Leave it to cool for 10 minutes.
- Turn it upside down onto wire rack to completely cool it.
Our icing was homemade. It made it more impressive as a baking hobby.
- 1kg Icing Sugar
- 500g Margarine
- 2tbsp Cocoa Powder
As you can understand, we melt the margarine more, mix the Icing Sugar in, and then added Cocoa Powder to get the desired flavor into the Icing for ourselves. As you can see in the image above we also added a few Dark Chocolate chips on top.
The Honest Opinions
Definitely a success. I want to make a few changes but otherwise it was good.Friend
I loved making it, it ended up being an extremely interesting method and plan. I picked the initial recipe to adjust and did slight adjustments for myself. What made it even better was my friend who pointed out we can improve the cocoa flavors with a bit of coffee. I hadn’t thought of that to be honest, it ended up tasting more amazing having the darker chocolate flavors.Me
We heard from the family and friends eating it that they found it was really awesome for them. We will just look at more in the future.